Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Is there a vet in the house?

Options
Firestarter21
Firestarter21 Posts: 309
edited November -1 in Off Topic
So about 3 weeks ago, our Chihuahua developed this small blister on his foot. He does not seem to be in pain and will allow us to touch it without flinching. It is about a 4 mm diameter and 2mm in height(I think docs usually use metric to describe things). Just wondering if others think this requires a visit to the vet, which I know will exceed 200, or just let it run its course and go away. Gf's grandfather recommended peroxide.

shiversfoot2.jpg

shiversfoot.jpg

Comments

• AuntieEgger
    Options
    Hi Firestarter, that looks like it could be an abbess. It may have to be lanced and he may need antibiotics for that. The thing is it may cost you a little bit now but if you leave it and it spreads it could infect the whole toe or involve the whole foot if it spreads and it will cost a whole lot more if they have to remove the toe/foot.
    If it were my dog I would let the vet take a look at it.

That gets me to thinking where is UGOTAVET gone? Haven’t seen him around in a long time.

AuntieEgger
  • Panhandle Smoker
    Options
    I agree with Auntie, My Lab got one in his foot from a thorn or something and had to have it opened up and cleaned out. It may not be as expensive as you think.