Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ImaLoneyLoverToo

Options
NotabuttDave
NotabuttDave Posts: 181
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've had my Egg for 3 weeks now, and have smoked 3/8" slices of garlic 'loney.

I use a little hickory.

What do you use?

Comments

• Frank from Houma
    Options
    :ohmy: Richard and Hoss will be along in a minute :ohmy:

:lol:
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    Neauxbody kneauxs what you're say'n unless they are a wee bit French or a whole bunch Koona$$. LOL

Spring "Zereaux One Kneauxby" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Hickory is good. So is apple, pecan and sugar maple!! I've smoked my share!! :laugh: :) :laugh:
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    Pecan is my favorite.I like to smoke big hunks of 'Loney then slice it and throw it back on direct for a couple of minutes.Please post some pics of your cooks of 'Loney and I'll send you the prestigeous 'Loneyman pin! ;)
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Options
    Hi, Hoss! I'm warming the egg up for 10# of baloney. Pics soon!
  • NotabuttDave
    Options
    Tonight, I smoked 2 1/2" thick pieces of garlic 'loney with cherry/hickory smoke.

225* for 1 hour while we received 1" of snow.

Put it on a homemade bun for lunch tomorrow.

While the 'loney was cooling in the kitchen, the wife commented on how good the place smelled.

I'll have to try sugar maple for smoke. I've purchased pecan and cherry, yet I have a yard full of sugar maple.
  • Hoss
    Options
    YOU HAVE MAIL!!POST pics if you can.If not,so what ,You're a 'Loneylover!!! B)
  • hornhonk
    Options
    This is some good stuff. I won it at the "Plano Outlaw Gathering"

100_0752.jpg

100_0759.jpg

Indirect,raised grid, 300 dome, over maple and sassafras chunks.

100_0761.jpg

Done!

100_0764.jpg
  • Hoss
    Options
    Bar S is "good" 'Loney.Beware of any rub with that strange man on it!!!All the BEST rubs out of Missippi have a BULLDOG on em!!!That looks like some kinda inferior rub that Missippiegger tricked ya'll into yusin!!!YUCK! I HOPE you did'nt buy it!!!We give that stuff to people we don't like!!!Just FUNNIN CLARK!!! ;)
  • hornhonk
    Options
    :woohoo: Ha! Clark was the one who donated it for the raffle! You two can fight over Bulldog or Funny Man rub. I like it! Hoss, I think it would be a good idea to send me some Dog rub so I can do a taste test :woohoo: