Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Christmas Beef Wellington

Options
Fidel
Fidel Posts: 10,172
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Started yesterday and made the duxelles from white mushrooms, porcini mushrooms, garlic, shallots, thyme, butter, salt, pepper, and a little EVOO.

RawRoast.jpg

RoastSeasoned.jpg

Seasoned a 3 pound center beef tenderloin roast with salt, pepper, and Penzey's bouquet garni, then seared for a couple minutes per side, rubbed it with a little dijon mustard and let it rest for a half hour. Meanwhile I laid a layer of thin prosciutto and covered that with the duxelles, then wrapped all that around the roast. Wrapped tightly and back into the fridge for an hour.

Searing.jpg

Wrapping.jpg

Took it out, wrapped it in puff pastry dough, then onto the egg at 425&deg indirect until the roast was 123&deg internal.

RawOn.jpg

Done.jpg

Served with a nice '02 Napa Valley Cab, some roast fingerling potatoes, and green bean bundles with a pecan brown sugar syrup glaze.

TheVino.jpg

Dessert for my wife and a family friend was a chocolate cheesecake with a dark chocolate ganache. Mine was a 15 year old Balvenie. All in all a pretty good meal. Merry Christmas/Happy Festivus everyone.

Dessert.jpg

Comments