Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Blackened Catfish & Swamp Venom

Options
Chef Wil
Chef Wil Posts: 702
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
LinkPhoto?GUID=298e5bf3-7d3e-41d2-7c24-658866acc2bd&size=
<p />heres a pic of blackened catfish and Nature Boys' Swamp Venom.
Heated cast iron grate to 525 degrees for 45 minutes, dusted with swamp venom, coated both sides with melted butter, and cooked 3 1/2 minutes per side. Eggers.......if you have not had the chance to taste Chris' rubs, all I can say its your loss. This is one of the very best rubs I have ever tasted and having been a chef for the last 27 or so years, I have tasted many rubs. " Git yu some "
Thanks again Chris.

Comments

• Banker John
    Banker John Posts: 583
    Options
    Chef Wil,
    MMMmmmm! I love the picture. Especially the presentation and the colors. May I use some of your garnish selections? I have in the past served steamed broccoli and applesauce as sides.[p]Banker John

• Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Options
    Chef Wil,[p]YOU GOTTA CUT THAT CRAP OUT. [p]That looks Soooo darn good. I just finished dinner, I'm full and now I want some of that!!![p]Smokey
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Thank you very much Wil. That looks phenominal. Just incredible. Wow.[p]You really ARE a chef, aren't ya? :-))[p]Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Chef Wil
    Options
    Banker John,
    you surely can my man.......hop on down to your local grocer and fill up on matas' and 'cumbers.......don't forget the Amber stuff ( ice cold ya know )

• Bamabob
    Bamabob Posts: 246
    Options
  • Chef Wil
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    you really gotta good thing going Mang!!! I have access to many different veggies and such, i coulda dressed that fish up with anything and it woulda shined, but I like the simple life.
    To the eggers watching this post.......designate a skillet just for blackening or you will have the pleasure of reseasoning your skillet quite often, bringing the skillet to a high heat will kill your seasoned skillet.

• Chef Arnoldi
    Options
    Chef Wil, I would not expect less from you :) - that plate really shows your dedication to GREAT COOKING & PRESENTATION.
    Your years of training & hard work paid off & is worth every bit of it. CONGRATULATIONS.[p]

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    Chef Wil,[p]Sweet!..... man, the Swamp Venom blackened up really nicely..... I can almost smell it.[p]You heated the cast iron grate and cast iron skillet to 525 together for 45 minutes? The grate marks on the fish are from a ridged skillet?
    Just curious and hungry this a.m.[p]John