Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork loins tonite..

Options
c tredwell
c tredwell Posts: 575
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
One marinated in dijon and maple syrup, rubbed with Montreal steak seasoning, the other with "naked lady" rub...
loins002.jpg
Some tarragon butter asparagus
loins001.jpg
Plated with some alfredo pasta... saving the "naked lady" rubbed for tomorrow
loins004.jpg
Finished my cedar handle with a few coats of spar... it's a handfull!
loins003.jpg

Turned out great! B) Dijon and maple syrup...easy and tasty!

Comments

• rsmdale
    rsmdale Posts: 2,472
    Options
    Great looking cook Chris,where exactly do you rub the Naked Lady??

GOOD EATS AND GOOD FRIENDS

DALE
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    LOOKS AWSOME!Tell me more about this "naked lady"you speak of. :whistle:
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    Nice looking cook Tred.

How many deer you got this year? I got a nice doe - passed on quite a few more Saturday I saw a nice 8 chasing 4 does but couldn't take a shot. They were clipping along pretty good. Only the second buck I saw all year. The other was a scrawny little 4 that I just couldn't pop.

I'm supposed to take vidalia Saturday morning if he doesn't wuss out in the weather like he did Sunday.
  • c tredwell
    Options
    HAAA! Thanks Dale, Hoss..... I usually rubb the naked lady right on the ;kljadsfnvlaksdjdfs. Oops, my keyboard slipped... Just as well, this is a family site :woohoo: . My mother-in-law got that for me for my birthday. You can see the bottle in the last pic. Nothin special... paprika, turbinado sugar, garlic, thyme, other stuff.... But the bottle rocks! I think she got it for me so I could rub her sldkfjhnv;iasdv... Dang keyboard :evil:
  • c tredwell
    Options
    Hey Rod,
    Sorry I havent been in touch... Only the 8pt this year (so far). Going out again this week and weekend. Have seen a lot of doe and scrub bucks. I lobbed a .30/.30 shot about 200 yards at a nice doe Sunday....she laughed at me.. :blush: Call me if you want to head out to my place in Oconee Co.!
  • Hoss
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :woohoo: :whistle:B) I UNDERSTAND!!! :unsure:
  • c tredwell
    Options
    Here ya go.....kinda reminds me of my mother-in-law ;)---how you like my concrete countertops?
    loins.jpg
  • Boss Hogg
    Boss Hogg Posts: 1,377
    Options
    1. Tred, I like the handle. I'd need a "fuller" version of the bottle to remind me of my mother-in-law :lol:

2. nice to know you guys have some deer down there. I just spent a total of 7 days (not consecutive) hunting in northern PA. Only saw 1 legal buck, a 6pt, that I let pass. The deer herd is so low that I haven't shot a doe in several years. Too many doe permits issued by the PA Game Commission and too many coyotes and bears hammering the fawns. No deer for me this year-the season ended last Saturday. I can always hope for a "road kill" like I got last year! ;)

Good luck hunting and tell Kim that they make something called Gore-Tex for bad weather!

Brian
  • Fidel
    Options
    I just read that approx 450,000 hunters in PA got skunked this year, so don't feel bad about it. We are starting to see some problems with coyotes affecting the deer herd in the northern part of state. I have a couple yotes on my trail cams the past few weeks.

I could have taken at least 4 or 5 this year, maybe even 6. I passed on a lot of does early in the season for some stupid reason. Our limit this year is 2 bucks and 10 does.

I'll probably shoot anything I see the rest of the season except bucks under 2 years - I won't take them. I am going to try to take a couple deer with a bow in January behind the house. Archery in my county runs through Jan 31.
  • c tredwell
    Options
    Dang Brian, need to come on down south... No "doe days" here... From October to Jan 1, we can take 2 antlered deer and 10 doe.... we are slap eat up with'em down here. I'll bet i've seen 40 deer this year. I know a lot are repeats, but I saw 15 different deer one morning pre-rut! :ohmy:
  • Hoss
    Options
    Come on down to Missippi!We can fix you up.Our farm needs to harvest 20 -30 doe this year according to the biologist.We've harvested 8 so far.The season runs through the middle of Jan. ;)
  • Fidel
    Options
    Hoss - I might take you up on that.

What's an out of state license run?

ETA: I just checked, 7-day permit with deer tag is $130.

You promise to take me duck hunting after I kill all your deer?
  • Hoss
    Options
    Somebody did a helluva job on those tops!They look AWESOME! :)
  • Boss Hogg
    Options
    I hunt private property. The first day (11/30) I saw 3 mature does, a young doe from this year and a button buck from this year. They later wondered out onto a neighboring farm and a tresspasser shot the two little ones :angry: . The next day I saw one doe all day long. I used to see 20 - 30 deer a day about 5 years ago. the one bright spot was that over the summer I bought a barely used medium BGE off a guy on the forum and took that to my place up north. At least I have an egg to play with now when I'm up there!
  • Boss Hogg
    Options
    Hoss, Thanks but I don't think I could do it this year. I'm heading out to Nevada near Lake tahoe to visit my one son after the holidays. I might sneak in a shot or two at some yoters while I'm out there :woohoo:

Thanks!

Brian
  • Hoss
    Options
    Ducks are slim rite now.But I'll take ya!Bring it ON!!! ;)
  • Hoss
    Options
    Good Luck!You are always welcome here! ;)
  • Boss Hogg
    Options
    Sounds good. I've never hunted down south. Did New Mexico, Montana, and Idaho so far.
  • Hoss
    Options
    I've only done Wyoming,prarie dogs,what a blast.I have had the opportuniyy to wingshoot Argentina and Uraguay.WOW!I'm goin back some day,maybe to live!!!
  • Hoss
    Options
  • Dave in So Cal
    Options
    Looks awesome. I have seen two posts today where people slathered pork with mustard. That is something I will definitely try soon.
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Options
    Thats how the rednecks do it... ;)
  • smoky b
    smoky b Posts: 648
    Options
    great looking handle!
  • smoky b
    smoky b Posts: 648
    Options
    i love montreal steak to add a little heat. never used it on pork, though.
  • Misippi Egger
    Options
    Boss,

Take him up on it if you can get the time - Mississippi is overrun with deer!
  • Dave in So Cal
    Options
    I come from a long line of rednecks, and the cookin' is always good.