Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What can I use Roasted Garlic in?

Options
Banker John
Banker John Posts: 583
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Thanks to Jim Minion, one of the stalwart eggsperts here on this forum, I have the ability to prepare and cook roasted garlic. Now that I have the power, what do I do with it? What are some varied uses for roasted garlic.[p]I have seen the Roasted Garlic in the earlier posts on Pizza. What are some other recipes roasted garlic can be used successfully in?[p]Thanks, Banker John

Comments

• TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    Options
    Banker John,[p]Roasted garlic is great in homemade marinara sauces for pasta dishes. It's also wonderful in mashed potatoes. I've also had it in the stuffing of stuffed mushrooms. Really, anywhere you used garlic before, try using roasted garlic - I bet it will be great.[p]TRex
  • singram
    Options
    Banker John,[p]Roast garlic mashed potatoes are superb!![p]Add some to mayonaise and spread on your favorite sandwich or sausage dog.[p]Spread it on french bread that's been toasted on the grill.[p]Etc. etc. etc.[p]Steve[p]p.s. I roast mine by cutting the entire head in half (through all the cloves), drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper, put it back together and wrap in foil, set it on the grill with whatever else you have going for 30 min. to 1 1/2 hrs. depending on temp of grill (my preference is around 45 minutes at 350*)
  • Aussie_Hugh
    Options
    Banker John,[p]Would you please advise me how you now roast the garlic. I have done it a couple of times in the oven by simply placing the whole bulb in at 180C for about 15 minutes. When it comes out and has cooled down the garlic in the cloves may be squeezed out like toothpaste. However I have never been overly happy with the results I am getting so perhaps you have a better approach.[p]Thank you,
    Hugh.[p]PS: Steve if you are read this thanks for posting your method.

• Aussie_Hugh
    Options
    Banker John,[p]Forget my last post. I should have scrolled down a bit. I have found Jim's original post.[p]Thanks,
    Hugh.

• jwitheld
    jwitheld Posts: 284
    Options
    Banker John,
    roasted stuffed pork tenderloin wraapped in bacon.[p]

• Banker John
    Banker John Posts: 583
    Options
    Hi Steve,[p]Thanks for the tips. I tried making them over the weekend while the grill was hot. After Mindy got over her temper tantrum of me taking ALL the garlic in the house, she liked the idea. It just took her a little while.[p]I didn't cook them as long as you mentioned. I cut the head in half and dipped in olive oil then placed the halves on a sheet of aluminum foil and cooked at 275 for about 25 minutes. I pulled them when squeezing the clove would release the innards from the garlic skin. I think next time I will cook much longer per your recommendation... They may end up softer.[p]Banker John