Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What to put a burger on

Options
BlueSmoke
BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just made a batch of taloa: a Basque corn "muffin" for sandwiches. I'll be using mine to hold Egged burgers. Here's the recipe, from "The Breads of France", by Bernard Clayton, Jr..[p]Taloa - Basque Corn Sandwich Muffins[p]2 cups all-purpose flour
1 package dry yeast
2 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 cup warm water
2 cups yellow cornmeal[p]glaze
1 egg white
sesame or poppy seeds[p]Combine one cup all-purpose flour, yeast, salt and water. Proof for 5 minutes. Add cornmeal and mix well. Add remaining all-purpose flour 1/4 cup at a time. Continue to mix until dough becomes elastic and comes away from the sides of the bowl.[p]On work surface, knead dough until it is soft and smooth. Add no more flour than is necessary to prevent sticking.[p]Cover and let rise until doubled in volume(about 1 hour).[p]Turn dough out and knead to expel any bubbles. Divide dough into 8 pieces. Form each piece into a ball; pat and roll out to about 6 inches in diameter and 1/2 inch thick. Place on baking sheet, cover and let rise until nearly doubled (50 to 60 minutes).[p]Brush tops with egg white and sprinkle with seeds. Bake 20 minutes at 450°, until tops begin to brown.[p]note: if not used in a day or two, freeze for later use[p]also note: I used one cup cornmeal and one cup corn flour - the color was beautiful, with just enough cornmeal crunch to be interesting