Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Need help fast!!!

Options
markthewood
markthewood Posts: 36
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Fellow Egggers,[p]Lend me your ears! I really need help with how to cook a medium rare prime rib that is 6-7 lbs. How long will it take to cook @ 250F dome temp?[p]Thanks for your help?

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    markthewood,
    250 is kinda too low in my book...I'd go 350 for prime rib. Count on 15 to 20 min per pound. For med rare I'd remove at 130 internal - let it rest covered with foil on the counter for 15 minutes and then serve. Good luck and let us know your address...er, I mean the outcome!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • JSlot
    JSlot Posts: 1,218
    Options
    I did one for Christmas at 350° indirect. Cooked to 130° internal and it was outstanding!! I coated the roast with olive oil and then slathered it with Montreal Steak Seasoning before cooking. One of the best Egg meals I've had![p]Jim
  • QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    markthewood,[p]Don't know if I'm in time, but I do mine around 225° - 250° and it takes a few hours for a 6-8 lb prime rib roast....[p]Here's a link to some pics and my favorite recipe for prime rib so far, called "Kevi's King of the Roasts" by a fellow named Stogie.[p]Enjoy,
    Tonia
    :~)

[ul][li]Prime Rib Thread[/ul]