Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Mad Max Turkey

toothpicktoothpick Posts: 154
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Had folks over and did the Mad Max turkey and gravy recipe. It came out perfect and was a big hit.

Big learning moment for this newbie came when I filled my Egg with all the stuff at the bottom of my bag of lump. Ended up with terrible airflow through the itty bitty coals and had to use a fan to blow air into the bottom of the Egg. Bad news. Won't do that again. Always open a new bag.

DSC_7576.jpg

Bird prior to the cook

DSC_7592.jpg

This gravy was unbelievable.

DSC_7590.jpg

Good stuff. Tender and moist.
·

Comments

• looks great. ...glad it all worked out for you.. . .and your gravy looks 'spot-on'!!!
    ·
  • It's only been a little over a week since Thanksgiving and a lot less than that since we ran out of leftovers....but those pictures of your turkey and gravy is making me crave it all over again.

Glad you made it all work out!
    ·
  • looks yummy! :) wish i had a sammie right now.
    ·
  • Thanks for sharing the great photos
    ·
  • WokOnMediumWokOnMedium Posts: 1,376
    That looks WONDERFUL!
    ·
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    Good job! My MM turkey came out just like yours. Tim
    ·