Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lovely day for a roast

Options
hayhonker
hayhonker Posts: 576
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Sadly this is the first time the eggs have been hot in months. Took them both to 500 to burn off the goo.
Next I cut a bunch of slits in a beef roast and filled them with minced garlic.
Chopped two red onions, a bag of carrots, a bag of celery. One pound of baby red taters. Fresh thyme and rosemary.
rst01.jpg

Seared the beast on the small rotating the grid and turning the meat every 30 seconds.
rst02.jpg

rst03.jpg
Then put it all into a dutch oven on the large with a half bottle of wine, and the same amount of water. Added salt and pepper too.
rst04.jpg
Baby D is so laid back. I joined her after taking this picture.
rst05.jpg

Now the wee-ones are napping, I'm sipping the wine and looking forward to the 'fall apart' goodness of the roast after 4 hours at 325.

Comments

• "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Options
    Lookin good man,I was gonna ask ya what you did with the other half bottle of wine :P Nice pics,but you really need to cook more often buddy :whistle:;)
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    Nice way to spend the day :) enjoy the wine and the little one :0
  • Gunnar
    Gunnar Posts: 2,307
    Options
    In months.. :blink: Any day is a good day for a roast. Good lookin start.
    LBGE      Katy (Houston) TX
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Nice weather and good food with family.You must be in heaven!! Glad you're back to the egg.
    Baby D is SOOOO cute!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE