Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

All Hail Mad Max

Options
Bulldog Mom
Bulldog Mom Posts: 242
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Since we bought our egg earlier this year, we decided we would host Thanksgiving Dinner. We used the Mad Max Turkey and Gravy recipe.

All I can say is WOW.

It was the best dinner I think I've ever eaten.

Max - you are genius.

Comments

• oakbay9
    Options
    Ditto, this is the second year using Mad Max's gravy recipe and it is the best. Hat's off to Mad Max....
  • uglydog
    uglydog Posts: 256
    Options
    I second that! Praises to Mad Max, the man who spent many hours nuturing us through the adventure of egging a turkey. The end result was fabulous. I made a couple of errors along the way: the breast reached 175°F when the thigh was 180°F. I think the problem was the bird came out of the refrigerator and didn't get to room temp before I put it on the egg, so the ice probably didn't make the breast cooler than the rest of the bird. The other problem was I didn't thin the gravy out enough with the stock, but that's just an issue of poor judgement. That gravy had the deepest, richest flavor I've ever had. It was absolutely fabulous. Thanks, Mad Max.

Uglydog
  • sebring96hbg
    Options
    Many thanks to MM!

I substituted apple juice for wine and added a quartered orange to the pan. Also, thanks to Naked Whiz and Fred's for the website and videos.

The turkey and gravy were great!

And now, I am now making turkey soup using the leftover stock and carcass. Thanks again for making this stress-free!