Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

LOL: BGEF

Options
rb2
rb2 Posts: 3
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
True story: Invited a few couples over to break in the BGE and, as schedules are crowded with the fast-approaching holidays, some accepted and some declined due to conflicts. The day before the dinner, some of the neighborhood dads were having a few beers, I mean, watching the kids, when the topic of the subsequent night's menu came up.

"Bone-in ribeyes? What time did you say you were sitting down? Seven? Oh, I can make that!" said a certain other member of this forum, having previously bowed out... (and leaving his wife home alone with 7 fifth grade girls to boot.)

Thusly, I submit "BGEF" - Big Green Egg Friend: someone who considers (or reconsiders) an invitation depending on whats going on your egg...

No, not quite a term of endearment like BFF, a BGEF will not commit without first skillfully inquiring as to what's on the menu... Be alert for the red herring question, "What time did you say you were eating, again?" That's a dead giveaway that you're dealing with a BGEF. Beware!

I'm onto you, Knauf.