Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

boned goat leg,

Options
alfie
alfie Posts: 8
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well it went like this ..swap you 2 kid billies for some pork, grand I say, but cooking it [goat] was a different matter, with the exception of curries/casseroles etc,but as Im stubborn [bloody minded really] I persisted and came up with this recipe.

good for 4 people.
Boned leg 1 1/2 lbs meat.
Butter about an ounce or so.
rosemary.teaspoon fresh.
sage.teaspoon fresh.
oregano.teaspoon fresh.
garlic[taste before u use, mine is home grown and very very strong]a little bit only.
wine vinegar.
black fresh milled pepper.
Cayene pepper if your inclined.

Ok.,rub meat wellwith wine vinegar,leave for 20 or so minutes.inthe meantime melt the butter and mix in all other indigrents,[carefulif using cayene], now rub liberally allover the meat,next roll and tie.As goat is a very lean meat , next roll in good quality tin foil this will maintain moisture,and indirectly cook at 450/500 for 10 mins then slow cook at 300 for 25mins per pound for about 35 mins,then remove foil and finish cooking [meat will brown well] let sit for about 10 minutes..enjoy.