Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

boned goat leg,

alfiealfie Posts: 8
edited 11:51AM in EggHead Forum
Well it went like this ..swap you 2 kid billies for some pork, grand I say, but cooking it [goat] was a different matter, with the exception of curries/casseroles etc,but as Im stubborn [bloody minded really] I persisted and came up with this recipe.

good for 4 people.
Boned leg 1 1/2 lbs meat.
Butter about an ounce or so.
rosemary.teaspoon fresh.
sage.teaspoon fresh.
oregano.teaspoon fresh.
garlic[taste before u use, mine is home grown and very very strong]a little bit only.
wine vinegar.
black fresh milled pepper.
Cayene pepper if your inclined.

Ok.,rub meat wellwith wine vinegar,leave for 20 or so minutes.inthe meantime melt the butter and mix in all other indigrents,[carefulif using cayene], now rub liberally allover the meat,next roll and tie.As goat is a very lean meat , next roll in good quality tin foil this will maintain moisture,and indirectly cook at 450/500 for 10 mins then slow cook at 300 for 25mins per pound for about 35 mins,then remove foil and finish cooking [meat will brown well] let sit for about 10 minutes..enjoy.