Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
As we round out National BBQ Month, we hope you’ve gotten to try some new recipes that will keep you cooking all summer long. Check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Dinner presented in stages - Stage 1

BobSBobS Posts: 2,485
edited 1:15PM in EggHead Forum
The first step of cooking the confit is done and based on the cooks samples, it is PDG

I heated the duck fat to 225 and then submerged the duck legs in the fat and put it into the oven.

22-11-09Confit1.jpg

I started at 275 in the oven and then turned that down to 225. Here we are at three hours. You can see the meat is pulled back on the legs.

22-11-09Confit2.jpg

Here they are after cooling in the oil until I could handle them.
I pulled the skin off of two of them and plan to crisp that in a skillet and then sear the let quarters on the grill. All that is going to be an adder to the Caesar salad.

22-11-09Confit3.jpg

The other two legs are going into a FS bag for later use and I will strain the fat into a storage container.
·