Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Menu re-engineering...

Options
PWise
PWise Posts: 1,173
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
So the thing is it's that time of the year (3 months after opening) where I need to look at my menu and ditch out what didn't sell and replace with new stuff or even not replace at all...

I'm gonna be lowering "complicatedness" a notch... I don't know why people see/imagine complicated and get scared, either thinking it's too expensive or that they won't like it...

The grilled meat and fish are staying the same, leaving the 2in steaks people seem to like so much... The basic changes are going to be to add more tacos/finger-food with simpler preparations and easier-on-the-eye presentations that can easily be shared amongst a group of people...

The cooking equipment I have is the following:

2 XL BGE with pizza stones and plate setters
1 of Tom's raised grill
1 BBQ Guru
2 Sous-vide circulators
1 Chamber vacuum packing machine
6 gas burners
1 1.20meter gas griddle
1 20lt-double basket gas deep fryer

Along with the other typical accesories (Stand mixer, vita-prep, robotcoupe, etc...)

Any suggestions on the food? Every idea welcome...

Comments

• lowercasebill
    Options
    first let me say that i wish i was closer so i could partake [maybe not i would probably go broke eating there every night :laugh: ] your menu and your presentaions are spectacular and a constant reminder of my amateur abilities. that said i can understand where some 'non foodie regular folks' would be intimidated and there is always that group that thinks the more food on the plate the better. easier on the eye??? your food is art..
    things that come to mind are:
    a paella or pasta dish that is served family style, big bowl in the middle of the table?
    some sort of down home comfort food .. at my favorite restaurant they offer roast chicken, mash potatoes and sauteed green beans for those that are not adventurous.
    as i see it there is always one in the group that does not eat meat or won't eat anything 'fancy' i.e. sauce, demi glaze or mushrooms ,,
    as far as the " does not eat meat",, my office christmas party will be at someplace else due to the " i cannot eat meat" group so a veggie offering may help.
    just my thoughts ..
    bill
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    No chef here by any stretch, but Takillya marinated skirt steak quesadillas come to mind as it is on my short list (yeah right) of things try.
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Little Chef
    Little Chef Posts: 4,725
    Options
    Pato....Greetings from St Lucia...You have mail. :)
  • rsmdale
    rsmdale Posts: 2,472
    Options
    Hope everything is hopping in the bistro.I have the feeling you are putting mega hours into the place.OK how about Chicken-n- chorizo Quesadillas w/ carmelized onions,served with a chipotle cream.I know you can make mine tasta trivial,but people semm to love the flavors together.

GOOD LUCK

GOOD EATS AND GOOD FRIENDS

DALE
  • Desert Oasis Woman
    Options
    Hi Pato,
    Do you ever "smoke" any sauces?? Made some killer enchiladas a while back where the smoked sauce pushed them way over the top!
    An Egg twist of a few "standards" may turn quite a few head :silly: B)
    Glad the bistro is alive and well B)