Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

FEET

Options
rooster
rooster Posts: 252
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
anyone got some extra they can part with.?

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    You can actually buy them...cheap. OTOH you can also just buy flower planter feet at nurseries. There are some pretty nice ones and novelty feet as well.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Grandpas Grub
    Options

Go to a ceramic store that sells Kilns. You can get 'stilts' from 1/2" to 14" & longer I would guess.

The stilts are square or triangular and work great for spacers in the egg.

The two left pictures will give you an idea what they look like Kiln Stilts / Shelf spacers The link is for a visual reference, I bought locally.

I use 3 or 4 - 1/2 inch when I need some space for the pizza stone and 2 - 12 inch for the turkey roasting pan if I use the plate setter. I picked up different lengths as needed.

GG
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    I use these. Feet for terracotta pots. Got three of 'em (at Lowe's as I recall) for about a buck each. Had them up to 750* or so and they've been fine - so far :) I don't want to know what will happen if they explode!

047625126623.jpg

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut