Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Drippings from Brisket

Options
BigGreenDon
BigGreenDon Posts: 167
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Did my first overnight brisket this weekend. Made several screw-ups (I *will* use *all* fresh lump next time, and I *will* use a wiggle-stick first thing in the AM to open the grate holes on every slow cook from now on!) ---- but the product turned out juicy, tender, and tasty anyway after a 21 hour burn.

My question:

I captured the drippings and pulled the fat off after refrigerating it as some of the various instructions on the web have suggested, but I was left with something that was way too spicy-hot to use as an au-jus for either my wife's or my tastes. My god, that stuff smells good though! I put a couple vacuum bags of it in the freezer and put a small batch in the refrigerator for experiments...

How do you all use the droppings? Do you use the droppings? It seems that it might work well as the ingredient for a BBQ sauce where the spicy-ness would be moderated by other ingredients.

I'm looking for some ideas.

Thanks,
Don