Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How do I cook these Lobster Tails and shrimp..HELP

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have these awsome 1 1/2 LBS Lobster tails that I want to do tonight on the egg plus some large shell on shrimp,
How long do I cook these tails? at what temp?
I know i have beem told to split open the shell pull the meat out and lay ontop of the shell while on the grill.
Any ideas as to flavor them with? I was going to rub them with butter and lemon and some season all season salt and the shrimp I was going to do in a stainless steal wok type of pan. I was going to drop a handful of misqete in for flavor on the tails . Am I on the right track if anyone has some ideas please help. The tails and shrimp set me back about $80.00 I dont want to screw this up. :)[p]

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    David K,
    The link below is how I do lobster (when I can afford it). The recipe is perfect as is. Follow to the T![p]The shrimp does great on skewers....hot and fast for no more than a couple minutes per side. Your seasoning idea should work well.[p]Enjoy!!
    Chris

[ul][li]Houndog's Dwell in the Shell[/ul]
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • tn slagamater
    Options
    David K, just follow hound dogs directions in general. The Egg will take care of any errors or mis-adventures. You wil not believe how good lobster and shrimp on the egg tastes. NB has it all listed in his post! Good luck!

• tn slagamater,
    Thanks to you and Hound dog, My wife and I had the best 2 lb lobster tails and shrimp we ever had! We had! to cook a little longer but OH MY Lord! The tails were very tender and moist. Heaven! it was Heaven. Just drenched the huge cuts of lobster in Butter and garlic and the shrimp too.
    With the shrimp I sprinkled Lowerys season salt,cource ground dry garlic powder and onion powder and ground fresh pepper and peanut oil, cooked about 3 minutes each side in a seafood basket, which I sprayed with olive oil spray before I put the shrimp on. Right after the lobsters were done, I put the basket in for about 3 minutes each side. the shrimp were huge 25 - 30 a lb. shelled them first then seasoned them. UNBELIEVABLE! BGE is the best ever! & I love my egg.

• gojacketz
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]Have you found the "New Mexican Green Chili Powder"? I can't find reference to it anywhere online or in stores. Is it just basic green chili powder?[p]Thanks,[p]Gojacketz

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    gojacketz,
    Actually, Houndog himself sent me some of his homeade green chile powder years back. It is long gone. My Spicer has a green chile powder though...try this link, and click on Chiles, crushed and powdered.
    Cheers!
    Chris

[ul][li]My Spicer[/ul]
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    David K,
    I have bought lobster only once and they were partly frozen, as they defrosted they smelled real fishy, do you know if that is normal???[p]Glad to hear yours were so wonderful.[p]Thanks,
    New Bob

• New Bob,
    Yes mine did too, the kitchen stunk I finaly took them put them in the fridge and that solved the problem then turned on the air purifier on high and got rid of the smell , My thought from now on is to thaw in fridge :) about 2 days before the feast. Im new at this but lerning fast from all the help on here. This forum is really awsome, I come on here before I will look into my LOST egg cookbook :).
    David K