Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Peach Salsa

Options
mollyshark
mollyshark Posts: 1,519
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Grabbed a jar of peach salsa at the store yesterday (Jardines). Was pondering grilling some chicky breasts and putting on the salsa. Think I'd need any other spices with it? Do you put it on before it is done or does it all burn to a crispy critter? Or does peach salsa with chicken sound atrocious.[p]mShark

Comments

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    MollyShark,
    we love the jardines peach salsa. . never thought about putting it on chicken, but i can't imagine why not. . .i think i'd simply slow grill the chicken and then scoop on some of the jardines near the end. .. or grill part way, then put it in a casserole, cover it with the jardines and let it 'bake' in the egg till done. .[p]let us know how it comes out. .

• BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    Options
    MollyShark,[p]I'd marinate the chicky breasts in orange juice for an hour or so, then like Max said put on the peach salsa right at the end (just long enough to heat the salsa). Top with a little more salsa and garnish with cilantro, or Italian parsley... And invite me for dinner. <grin>[p]Ken
  • wdan
    wdan Posts: 261
    Options
    MollyShark,
    I agree with the recommendation that the salsa should go on toward the end...if you use an indirect setup, you could extend the duration.[p]As for additional spices: I'm not familiar with this particular salsa. But I frequently make a nectarine (or peach when nectarines not avail) compote of sorts. I use it as a hot side for pork loin. In addition to the base nectarine (or peach) flavor, I also throw in cayenne pepper and a chiffonade of fresh mint. I really get a kick out of the fire and coolness coming through at the same time. Sometimes I'll combine the peach with a fresh mango too.[p]