Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chillin' N Grillin'

Options
Toe 49
Toe 49 Posts: 193
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Normally I use this phrase during the summer months......sitting on the deck with a frosty one, probably with the Almann Brothers playing in the background......well, today it not quite so nice. Wind chill of -43, schools are closing because of the cold.....damn, I had to crawl under the house this morning and re-insulate the pipes the plummer "forgot" to insulate this past fall when the our shower was put in....Oh, poor me!![p]So, what do I do to lighten up my spirits!? 'Course, I throw the small egg into the back of the truck (in the "tailgate table") and head to work, a few minutes late (yes, I did call in so I didn't get into too much trouble). I back the truck into a parking space....spark up the small BGE with the MAPP torch and let it work it's magic...I've got 6 racks of BB-ribs ready to go.....I'll do the never fail Hoisin Glazed baby-back ribs......I'll toss them on at 9:00, let them cook for 3 hours at 300-325 then put the sauce on at 12:00......lunch is at 1:00. One person is going to get some salad, another some potato salad.......who knows what else! Is there a better way to celebrate the middle of the week!!?? All we need is someone to pick up some Heineken.....[p]Ahh...the temp is now up to -14, without wind, of course.....[p]Link is to weber.com for the Hoisin Sauce recipe.....trust me, it's GOOD!! Go to Recipes & Tips, Weber recipes, Pork, Hoisin Glazed Baby-Back Ribs........

Comments