Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lost my mind - (mini)

Options
2»

Comments

• hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Options
    I heard Big Green Egg was coming out with new inflatable eggs next year. :) Tony the Tiger says" Theyrrrre GREEN!"
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    I'd like too, but no more vacation days left this year :(
    Ya'll behave yerselves! :unsure: :whistle:
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • hornhonk
    Options
    Oh, we will be prim and proper Ladies and Gentlemen. :ohmy: Can't you call the boss and say you're sick or drunk, or something? :silly:
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
  • hornhonk
    Options
    The party will be pooped if you don't show, Hoss :(
  • Hoss
    Options
    Party in my favor,Dad called today and told me that I have to represent him in a quail hunt next weekend.As he will be in Alabama at a Rackin Horse show.I have to shoot quail with the Governors of three states and all the house of reps and senators.Fun,Fun,Fun!I'd rather be cookin 'Loney!!! :angry: Politics DO NOT ENTHUSE ME!!! :angry:
  • Hoss
    Options
    :blush: :ohmy: :whistle: :evil: And cornbread???
  • Frank from Houma
    Options
    Geaux for it - you won't be disappointed
  • Misippi Egger
    Options
    Hey Hoss, In light of the events going on in Congress, especially the Health Insurance Bill, do you think we could arrange a "**** Cheney accident" and take out any of the Pelosi-supporting ones? :ohmy: :evil: :evil:
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    Go for it - you won't regret it!!

Here are some mini cooks for ya:

LobsterandStoneCrab006.jpg

P8011028.jpg

P7261013.jpg

P7180919.jpg

P6270682.jpg

P6020415.jpg

P5140227.jpg

CIMG3451.jpg

CIMG3424.jpg

It just takes a little planning if you are cooking for more than 2 people.

Faith
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Glad you went for it!
    I got mine because I wanted something I could take with me when I go on vacation or go visitin'.

I use it a LOT more than that. I keep it on my deck and the large down near my garage. Last winter I used it more than the Large because it was a lot easier to pop out on the deck to check the food than to dress for the weather and camp out with the large (though I like to do that too which is part of the reason I keep the large down there, away from the house).

I also find the mini easier for Weekday cooks.
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    I could . . . but my banker and a long list of others would still be knocking on my door come payday
    :( :sick:
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • NoVA Bill
    NoVA Bill Posts: 3,005
    Options
    Faith, great lookin' cooks on the mini! Makes me want to fire up Bobin right now.
  • Frank from Houma
    Options
    Geaux gettum Faith

Okay I can't resist B)

IMG_5203800x600.jpg

IMG_5210800x600.jpg

IMG_4942800x600.jpg

IMG_4946800x600.jpg

IMG_4813800x600.jpg

IMG_4356800x600.jpg

IMG_3882800x600.jpg

IMG_3901800x600.jpg

IMG_3908800x600.jpg

IMG_3856800x600.jpg

IMG_3864800x600.jpg

IMG_0480800x600.jpg

IMG_0483800x600.jpg

IMG_3403800x600.jpg
  • O
    O Posts: 25
    Options
    THEY CONVINCED ME AND I DIDNT EVEN KNOW I WANTED ONE!!
  • WokOnMedium
    WokOnMedium Posts: 1,376
    Options
    There was a guy on here this spring who bought one and kept it hidden from his wife by storing it inside another egg. I honestly don't know how long that could go on, but it made me chuckle!
  • rho1640
    rho1640 Posts: 118
    Options
    Hoss wrote:
    I have to shoot quail with the Governors of three states and all the house of reps and senators.Fun,Fun,Fun!I'd rather be cookin 'Loney!!! :angry: Politics DO NOT ENTHUSE ME!!! :angry:

maybe you can announce "No Politics" as you walk in and just have fun - could be that they just want a fun day shooting too :) And talk BGE to them - that will get them off Politics
  • Desert Oasis Woman
    Options
    :woohoo: :lol: too funny!! Real "nesting" EGGS :whistle:
  • rho1640
    rho1640 Posts: 118
    Options
    Frank from Houma wrote:
    Geaux gettum Faith

Okay I can't resist B)

I hope I got the picture I wanted - where did you get the griddle to do the eggs and pancakes?

I was thinking today maybe I will get a mini so I can at least taste food from the BGE before I buy a big one - and since you all seem to be getting mini's also for doing a few things and taking with you when you go places it could be a good way to start -- right?! :whistle:

well my first try at the picture was wrong - hopefully this one is right--- Nope so I just hope you know the one I mean :blush: