Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

New Table

LambchopsLambchops Posts: 166
edited 1:04PM in EGG Table Forum
Autumn09_126.jpg Just finished my new table
·

Comments

• shaw988shaw988 Posts: 41
    you will appreciate the granite, it is so easy to clean up.
    Well done!
    XL and Mini Max. Lawrenceville, GA
    ·
  • That is one of the sharpest tables I've seen. Great job!
    ·
  • LambchopsLambchops Posts: 166
    Thanks, I worked very hard on it.
    ·
  • Very nice table...and two eggs..I'm jealous!
    looks like a nomex gasket on the egg on the right..Correct?
    Jon
    ·
  • That is a very nice table
    ·
  • OO Posts: 25
    how did you have the holes cut??
    ·
    The granite guy did it before he delivered it.
    ·
  • The most beautiful table I've see...ever, you're a great role model :)
    ·
  • xrayjdmxrayjdm Posts: 25
    Great table! I had thought of going with a granite top but cheaped out. Nice job :)
    ·
    Thanks.And a big thank you to all for the positive feedback.I did work hard on that table.
    ·
  • KitarkusKitarkus Posts: 131
    man am I envious of your table! I just purchased the BGE cypress table...not terribly excited...but it will do the trick for me. I wish I had your time and skills.

In the meantime...I'll just stare at your table photo and fantasize. (with this type of fantasy...I clearly must be getting old :whistle: )
    ·
  • ibandaibanda Posts: 440
    Great looking table Lambchops!
    "Bacon tastes gooood, pork chops taste gooood." - Vincent Vega, Pulp Fiction
    ·
  • Lambchop - what did you make the wood parts of the table out of, and did you use oil based paint?
    ·
  • Treated 2x4's for the base.Birch plywood for the sides, and face frame and all trim is clear pine. Everything was glued with waterproof adhesive and screwed together and caulked. I used exterior Latex paint.Everything is sealed and painted inside and out.Even the bottom was sealed with automotive undercoating.I also ordered a cover that fit over it.Hope that helps.
    ·
  • Great looking and functional EGG table. Sent you an email.

Cheers,

Nate
    ·
  • Did you happen to take any construction photos? I'm ditching the giant propane setup that is on a cart and now taking up space and would like to build something like yours. Absolutely beautiful!
    ·
    Thank You, but I didn't take any photos during construction. I can say that I love the finished product.
    ·
  • CactusCactus Posts: 12
    Super clean, highly functional, perfectly proportioned and spaced. One of the best I have ever seen. Great job!
    ·
  • shane_gshane_g Posts: 4
    Do you have any plans for the table? I'm looking to build one for my 2 Large Eggs.
    ·
  • U_tardedU_tarded Posts: 1,253
    edited June 2013
    holy zombie thread fred  

·