Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Good BBQ Joints????

Rick GRick G Posts: 166
edited 4:54PM in EggHead Forum
My nephew is in basic training at Fort Sill Oklahoma. My sister and her husband will be driving from Michigan to Ft. Sill, and are wondering were the best BBQ joints are to hit along the way. Any help on this would be great.

Thanks
·

Comments

• When you get to Lawton, Ok. you will want to eat at John and Cooks BBQ. They have the best ribs and brisket this side of Kansas City. They were the official caterer of the Dallas Cowboys a few years ago when they held there spring training in Wichita Falls, Tx.
    ·
  • Rick GRick G Posts: 166
    thanks!!! I will pass that along.
    ·
  • Jack Stack BBQ is on the MO side just south of KC. Oklahoma Joes in Overland Park KS is good too. Off I35 SW burbs of KC.
    ·
  • EggsakleyEggsakley Posts: 1,014
    Leo's BBQ in Oklahoma City is on the way and has been featured on Diners Drive-ins and Dives. Should be woth a peek.
    ·
  • Yes, that place is very good. I've eaten there many times when I was living in OKC. Highly recomended, however it is very hard eating out at BBQ places when I much prefer the food off my egg.
    ·
  • Rick GRick G Posts: 166
    Thank you all!!!! I knew this would be the place to ask!! If anyone else has any ideas I will take them as well.
    ·
  • jeffinsgfjeffinsgf Posts: 1,259
    If they get tired of 'cue (did I really say that?), have them stop at a place called "Grinders" in downtown Kansas City. Another triple D spot. Unique atmosphere and incredible food.
    ·