Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

lasagna

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just reading the post after coming in today and noticed: several of us have cooked lasagna in the egg &, we got new eggheads coming aboard with high praise both for the egg and the forum. As far as the egg and forum I want to second the high praise thing ... I already said it but I will repeat it ...when I first started visiting the forum I felt right away like I had just gained a whole bunch of new friends and that's a real good feeling. Now the lasagna , well that started out the same way as my feelings about hot wings in the egg , my first thought was "what a waste of lump that would be"...Man can I but sooo stupid some times. My recipe for the lasagna called for "sliced" not shredded mozzarella as the last layer, what I think makes that good is... well just do it and you'll see that the smoke from just the lump (no wood) is very prominent and makes certain cooking it in egg is well worth it. Next time I will even put thicker slices. My experience getting yesterdays dinner ready was a nighmare...starting about noon day before the wifey got deathly ill with the flu...so I did it alone. The kitchen took me 3 hrs to whip back into shape , but in the end after many trips back to store to purchase forgotten items , or re-purchase stuff left on that damn go around thing at Wal-Mart (I hate that place) it was a success. We had great big tossed salad, ABT's, hot wings and rolls. Our dinner was Egged up quite a bit I would say and all for the better.

Comments

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Chet,
    we also loved the magic that the egg did to my lasagna. . .my wife doesn't like things too smokey, and she was sceptical about doing the lasagna outside (in fact i even made a second small lasagna in our oven just in case she didn't like the egged version). .. i made sure i had a really well established fire with no wood, just lump(i let it burn for almost an hour before putting in the lasagna). . .and the result was just a very rustic, not smokey taste. . .you can't tell from my picture (see my post from wednesday night), but i had a fair amount of fresh grated romano chees on top of mine, and that, along with the sauce on top, picked up just the right amount of flavor for us. .. i may have to try the sliced mozzerella on top next time though, sounds mighty good . . .

• mad max beyond eggdome,
    MM, the recipe also called for a good sprinkling of Romano on top of that sliced mozarella... also I wasn't too clear about the fact it did have you to use grated in all the other layers , just not on top. I think it was great and I too left off using other woods, but I think I probably would like that fine , cause it would be hard for it to over-take all those other flavors in the lasagna. I adready looked at yours and with the homemade noodles it had to be good.