Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Asking For a Good Leg of Lamb Recipe

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I bought a whole leg of lamb the other day to have
for Christmas dinner.
Can anyone tell me how to cook it on the EGG, like
what temperature, how long, etc.
I would like to cook it with the bone in.
Thanks.

Comments

• mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    Options
    JohnR,[p]I usually debone, but here's a bone in from someone here that's tasty:[p]Make a paste of mashed garlic, Dijon mustard, a little soy sauce, olive oil and chopped rosemary. Spread this on the lamb several hours before cooking (wrap it in saran or something..it's messy). [p]Cook on a rack over a drip pan at 350 dome to get internal temp of 125 for rare or wherever you like it. Let it sit for 20 mins or so before cutting. Estimate 5 lb roast at 1.5 hours, but this is not exact, of course![p]With a de-boned lamb, flatten it out a little and make a paste from: 3 Tbs Flour • 2 Tbs Olive Oil • 1 Tbs Salt • 2 Clove Crushed Garlic • ½ tsp Ginger • ½ tsp Sage • ½ tsp Marjorm • ½ tsp Pepper • ½ tsp Thyme [p]Spread half the paste inside the roast, roll up, and tie. Spread the other half outside the roast and wrap it up and let it sit for a few hours. 350 dome until it hits where you like over a drip pan. Some people do this direct, some indirect with plate setter. I keep dropping plate setters so I do most things direct these days![p]mShark