Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

How much food to figure on for Eggfest

Hoss's BBQHoss's BBQ Posts: 435
edited 11:18AM in EggHead Forum
Since this will be my first eggtoberfest, two questions. How much of a dish do I need to make? and what are some of the things people are cooking? Thanks Hoss's BBQ

Comments

• Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,469
    Whatever you cook, and however much you cook, it will be gone by the time you are done slicing it. My best advice is to cook what you feel comfortable with, and enjoy what's going on around you.
    See you soon
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
  • Big'unBig'un Posts: 5,909
    Ditto what Chris said, but remember that the "rules" state that you MUST drop off food samples to Big'un's cook area, we'll be in the back. :laugh:
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 28,747
    Hoss's BBQ,

It is really easy to cook way too much and you miss your chance to visit with others. The whole fest is only seven hours so leave yourself some time.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• I did not know you were coming!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :)
    Just cook whatever it will be great, just leave enough time for visiting ;)
    The phone rang ( my worker for Eggtoberfest) & 3 replies before I could post :blink:
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,600
    Chris,I'm bringing some stuff to cook at the Afterparty.NOT 'Loney!Question.Since I'll be using your or another eggheads cooker,how long a cook should I count on.I know there'll be other folks there wanting to take a turn too.I don't wanna be chastised on here for the next year as beeing the Egghog in Atlanta.15-20 mins tops??? :huh:
  • GirlyEggGirlyEgg Posts: 622
    A single or double recipe of anything is probably fine... cut it into smaller pieces for samples... goes a lot further!
  • Yes susan I am coming!! I have not been very active on the forum I know yet I will be in Atlanta!! I am looking forward to seeing everyone. See you friday thanks for the advice. Hoss's BBQ
  • Celtic WolfCeltic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Damn Hoss It will be good to see you again..

Think Waldorf only bigger..
  • CrimsongatorCrimsongator Posts: 5,795
    You going to be around tomorrow?
  • Desert FillyDesert Filly Posts: 1,042
    whoa...Hoss....didn't know you were going. Super. See you there...and are you staying at the comfort stes?

Kim
  • AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    Ken that's super you're coming, like Chris said no matter what you cook it will be gone so fast you won't believe you even cooked it. My shrimp didn't make it from the tongs to the serving platter. Plan on just cooking a few hours then rambling around and visiting with friends, see ya there. -RP
  • Gene I will be at work at 6:30am till around 4 just give me a shout. Yes Pete it has been way to long. Dessert Filly and AZRP, It will be fun to see you both again! I know that at Waldorf when I did pizzas it is all I did for the whole day. I will plan not to cook all day! I am not staying at the comfort suites. I was looking at the hotel up the hill as someone put it in a post a few days ago. See you Friday everyone!! Hoss's BBQ
  • Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,469
    It's pretty much a free for all, and depends how many eggs people bring, how many I unload from my trailer, and how many people are cooking! You'll be alright, just elbow your way in when you see someone taking their food off. Seeya there mang!
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings