Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

eggsciting stuff w/pts

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I guess since getting my second "small" egg for Christmas I have bout lost it. I just can't hardly help from cooking on it bout everyday. I love the way it cooks and uses so little lump. Oh, I got a bunch of eggsesseries too and I am sooo impressed with the dual probe meat themometer. The cook last night was a dual eggsperiment with a buy one get one free pork tenderloin which meant I wound up with 4. So I decided to cook two with QBabes fantastic recipe "coffee crusted PTs" and two with a raspbery-chipotle glaze wrapped with bacon. Everything went perfect and they were all sooo good. I beleive the probes are as accurate as they say "withing 1 to 2 degrees' and now I don't have to run back and forth in the cold. I cooked them at 350 to an internal of 155 took them out to rest for about 10 min. If all you have is a large I would highly recommend a small, it has resulted in my cooking a lot more on the thing and I'm just getting warmed up. check out these pics....
[ul][li]Pork Tenderloins[/ul]

Comments

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    Chet,
    Very nice indeed...congrats, and thanks for sharing the pics...pork tenderloins are always a hit..[p]Wess

• QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    Chet,[p]Thanks for the kind words...glad you liked it! I've got two rubbed up and waiting to be cooked tonight...all that talk about them the other day got me in the mood...![p]Yesterday turned out to be an extremely busy day, and instead of cooking on my eggs like I'd planned, all we did when we got home from shopping was crash in the recliners.[p]So, everything got bumped until today.[p]Cheers,
    Tonia