Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Options
highlander
highlander Posts: 32
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Newbie....Just put the Boston Butt on...making the sauce, vinegar base of course ( Ole NC Boy). I am really like this BGE..no more checking all the time on the wood, charcoal, not burning my fingers, not raking coals, etc, on the Old Brinkman. This could be become habit forming...but of course yall of all oldies/but goodies know
this already...Guess I will just hang out around the egg and enjoy a couple more of the cool ones....[p]Dean

Comments

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    highlander,
    One bit of advice would be to get something bent like an "L" even a coat hanger will work, and just before you go to bed for the night, poke up through the holes in the bottom grate to clear some of the ash that may be blocking the holes. Some may say they are fine without doing it, but at least you are assured it can breathe as well as possible....just reach it in the lower vent stick the end up through the holes and lightly jiggle, nothing rough or harsh. Kinda like cheap insurance...keep us posted.[p]Wess

• Squeeze
    Squeeze Posts: 717
    Options
    highlander,
    Welcome...glad you are here. Good luck with your Pork, I am sure it will turn out great!

Kevin Jacques
    The University of Que L.L.C. ®
    Killen, AL
    www.uofque.com

Take Your Taste Buds to School!
  • Car Wash Mike
    Options
    highlander,
    Welcome and her's tipping one for future good cooks.[p]CWM

• highlander
    Options
    WessB, going seaching right now for that egg-lusive coat hanger....
    Thanks WessB

• highlander
    Options
    highlander,
    Hey Wess...Getting More Smoke from the top vent now...thanks for the tip....(coat hanger)
    Neighbors are starting to gather in driveway...what should I do...[p]

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    highlander,
    LOL..Share the wealth my friend....but be sure to mention, THEY provide the next piece of meat.....welcome to the wonderful Egg, you will have many more similar eggsperiences, and a lifetime of awesome food...restaraunts will become a thing of the past, only visited on nights when noone wants to clean up after cooking at home....good luck on your first overnighter...do you have any idea when it should be done?[p]Wess