Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cookware Storage

Options
hizzoner
hizzoner Posts: 182
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have been gathering up a decent collection of cast iron cookware recently (most of it thanks to my grandmother). I use it mainly outdoors. I've built a small shelf in my garage to hold this stuff but was wondering how you guys store your cookware. I'm worried about rust by leaving it exposed outdoors on a shelf

Comments

• Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    as long as it is well seasoned and not in the direct weather you should be ok. I have a large old cupboard on the back porch and I keep it all there, the porch is just screened in so the weather does affect it. I have mine all well seasoned now and I just hit it once in awhile with spray pam to coat it if I should see a spot for some reason. I have newspaper down on the shelves and a piece between the lid and pot. works great :)
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    Not sure if this would help answer your question:

shed1.jpg

Deep enough for Lrg PS, shelves are a little over 6" deep. Found it a Home Depot, around $150.
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • bcrawfo2
    Options
    I just put together that same cabinet about two hours ago.
    In search of shelves tomorrow.
  • loco_engr
    Options
    Dang glad for the buldge in front as it allows for just enough room for the eggcessories :woohoo:
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Serial Griller
    Options
    As long as you oil your CI after every use you should not have a problem if kept out of the elements.
    Jon
  • Serial Griller
    Options
    Nice storage cabinet Dan!
    Jon
  • Rolling Egg
    Rolling Egg Posts: 1,995
    Options
    I keep my coals in my garage. As far as my stone,daisy,adj rig, and all my grates, I try to puth them back in my egg when I'm done. I aslo store some in my gasser.
  • loco_engr
    Options
    Thanks Jon. Wifey still "complaining" :ermm:
    'bout my stuff that is still in da house. :ohmy:
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
  • CaptainSpaulding
    Options
    Loco,

Do you know the manufacturer for that cabinet. I'm searching though Home Despot's site, not having any luck finding that rig.

Regards,

Joe
  • hizzoner
    hizzoner Posts: 182
    Options
    probably Rubbermaid