Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Christmas present!

Options
Mustang Sally
Mustang Sally Posts: 20
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just wanted to let all of you know what a great forum this is! My husband and I bought a large BGE for our Christmas present. Several weeks ago, I was researching "smokers" on the internet and BGE was listed so I went to the web site and this forum. You convinced us that this was the best grill/smoker so I searched the web for dealers & ordered it. TODAY I am cooking a rib-in pork loin roast. Decided to keep cooking since the grill was fired up so bought some chicken and it is cooking too. We are just about ready to eat the roast so I will let you know how it turned out. We have been waiting all day so our anticipation is GREAT! Thank you for all the information and cooking tips.

Comments

• tn slagamater
    Options
    MustangSally, welcome to Big Green Heaven, no clouds, but a lot of smoke and unbelievable food!!

• Spring Chicken
    Options
    MustangSally,
    What a nice thing to do for yourselves. This is definitely one gift that will keep on giving for the rest of your lives. [p]Spring Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

• GrillMeister
    Options
    MustangSally,[p]Ain't it great! This summer you'll think it's Christmas in July. [grin][p]I'm giving Christmas Briskets to a few friends. I think it has a more personal touch than a cheese basket.[p]Welcome to the BGE Club![p]GrillMeister
    Austin, TX

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    MustangSally,
    Welcome and congratulations on your Christmas present. I hope your first cook pleases you.[p]Stick with the great folks here and your learning curve will be a whole lot more fun. LOL
    Be sure to let us know how your dinner was.[p]By the way, I used to dance West Coast Swing and Mustang Sally is one of my favorite songs, I hear that beat and I'm looking for a partner real quick.[p]Regards and happy holidays,[p]New Bob

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    MustangSally,
    Welcome and congrats...Mustang Sally is also one of my wifes nicknames...feel free to ask about anything and DONT use the manual that came with it. I have on my website the cookbook from the forum that "Wise One" has put together, it`s like a bible for cooks from this forum, it`s in the "Cooks" section. I am just getting the site going so theres not a whole lot there but it`s building...again Congrats, your eating life will never be the same.[p]Wess

[ul][li]WessB`s[/ul]
  • Squeeze
    Squeeze Posts: 717
    Options
    MustangSally,
    Great Christmas Gift!! It will be hard to have anything compare to the BGE for future gifts, that is for sure. Welcome to the club!

Kevin Jacques
    The University of Que L.L.C. ®
    Killen, AL
    www.uofque.com

Take Your Taste Buds to School!
  • Louisiana Redneck
    Options
    MustangSally,
    Good luck on your new gift. I have had mine a few weeks and just finished my 4th cookout on it. T-Bones, corn on the cob, sweet potatoes, irish potatoes and vidalia onions. Needless to say, they were GREAT!!!! Good luck on your new grill and welcome to the club.

• Hammer
    Hammer Posts: 1,001
    Options
    MustangSally,
    Welcome to the Green Roomm and congratulations to both you and your Husband on your Christmas present! As the saying goes; this is one gift that keeps on giving!
    Hammer