Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

15 or so hours later the brisket is done!

Options
Smokey
Smokey Posts: 2,468
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
It was about 10 and a half pounds and took 15 hours. Oh, does it smell good. It's resting now and tastes outrageously good (I had to sample it)![p]I trimmed alot of the fat off, but used it on top during the cook. Moist is an understatement![p]Oh, I love my eggs!

Comments

• GrillMeister
    Options
    Smokey,[p]Congrats on a job well done! I just pulled mine and it's now resting wrapped in foil and towels in a pre-heated cooler. I was able to resist temptation to sample it, but had some Swamp Venom Smoked Almonds instead.[p]I believe it about Beer Forty-five, so time for a frosty one!

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    Smokey, I know what you mean. I did 25 lbs of pork last night for some pulled pork. It stabilized at 195 and so I let it cook all night at 195 and then kicked it up to 225 for a few hours. It's been on 15 1/2 hours and should be coming off soon.

• Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Options
    Wise One,[p]25 lbs of pork, that's a good amount! How many people are you feeding! Was it three butts?