Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mushroom and Swiss burgers....

Options
Hitch
Hitch Posts: 402
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Enjoyed some good cookin this past week/weekend. Did 4 butts for a huge tailgate at the FIJI house in Athens...game didn't go our way, but the tailgate sure did. Perfect weather.

Did burgers on the small for the family last night, and made the adult burgers like it might be our last meal. Huge 80/20 burgers, pressed with cracked sea salt and peppercorns, piled high with mushrooms, two pieces of swiss cheese each, then more mushrooms. I think it was our favorite so far. Enjoy the pics!

smallsmoking.jpg

burgers-1.jpg

shrooms.jpg

swiss.jpg

plated.jpg

Comments

• Serial Griller
    Options
    Love burgers with mushrooms.Those look very tasty!Even better with a brewski!
    Jon
  • Rolling Egg
    Rolling Egg Posts: 1,995
    Options
    I love mushrooms. I really love them on top of a thick burger. Looks good Hitch.
  • Big George's BBQ
    Options
    That looks great
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    I never have been much of a mushroom fan, but that looks so good, I may have to give it a try!

One of my favorites is a burger topped with sauteed red onions and melted cheese. Along with a condiment concoction of mayo, dijon (about 3:1) and chopped chives.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut