Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

I Almost Killed my Wife with an ABT!!!

RobinsRobins Posts: 131
edited 8:15PM in EggHead Forum
Had a good cook tonight! Strips, stuffed Shrooms(sausage, onion and jalapeno) and ABT. Turned out to be a little to hot for the wife!

I'm Having so much fun with my BGE!

• Good looking eats there.
    The fun never ends.
  • RobinsRobins Posts: 131
    Could i Get the recipe for the corn chowder that you made at NiEGGera Fest

• pattikakepattikake Posts: 1,175
    Looking good, please do not hurt your wife..... :laugh:

Great job.

Wichita, KS
  • JeffersonianJeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    That surprises me, as the ABTs I've cooked have had about 95% of the heat baked out of them by time they're plated. Did you scrape out the seeds and membrane?
    Most of them I cleaned but a few I only cleaned a bit. So they were still a little warm!!!

I loved them!

SORRY BABY :blush:
  • JeffersonianJeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Aha! So it's Canadian Egg, in the dining room, with an unscraped ABT!!

Couldn't see pic. But still funny! :laugh:
  • Very nice....
  • Canadian Egg you got mail
  • Nothing like leaving a few seeds for us that like em hot and to keep the crowd talking
  • Car Wash MikeCar Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Oops John.

• NoVA BillNoVA Bill Posts: 3,005
    I know the feeling. Almost "killed" my wife with ABT's also! :laugh:
  • rsmdalersmdale Posts: 2,472
    I had leftover ABT's from last night-Is it wrong to eat Abt's for breakfast? O well to late.

• Looks really good!I like the combination of eats :)
    As for the heat...Perhaps the wife will adjust.
    Really though: I have to tone down things at times just so I'm not the only one to enjoy the food I cook.
    In the HEAT dept. I've found (over the years)that a "notch down" for me isn't as bad as a "notch up" for others.
    My daughter is just a step below my likes and if we team up on Mom, well you know that story...
    If Mama ain't happy..... :ohmy:
  • Great looking meal