Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Baby back rib picumentary

Options
WessB
WessB Posts: 6,937
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just added a picumentary of a baby back rib cook and also documented the prep involved with ribs. Feel free to check it out, ask any questions, or tell me about any problems...it`s under the "Cooks and Recipes" section...hope it helps someone out even the least little bit...they were by no means my best, but hey even not great ribs off the egg are still damn good...[p]Wess
[ul][li]WessB`s[/ul]

Comments

• GrillMeister
    Options
    WessB,[p]Very nice! I'll try your method next time. I noticed you did not use mustard before you put on the rub.[p]Great pic with the apple juice. At first I thought you were pouring Jack Daniels into the drip pan. [grin][p]I did spares today and they came out great. Now I'm waiting for the egg to cool down so I can prepare for a brisket tonight.[p]Cheers,[p]Ed

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    GrillMeister,
    Thanks for the kind words..just tryin to help anyone I can...we could never waste good Jack..LOL..and as I stated Not my method..the great Jim W puts out some awesome ribs, he does them at Eggfest every year and they are a treat..I have used mustard early on in my cooks and just kinda quit and never went back...dont really notice a difference one way or the other..one less step to have to do..LOL...good luck on your brisket.[p]Wess

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    WessB,[p]That's my take on mustard, too. I would never condemn anyone for using mustard, and may go back some day if I notice a difference, but for now, I never really noted a difference so I save that step, too.[p]Nice pics, by the way! And good job on that membrane. I often end up hastily doing it in parts.[p]I've had JimW's ribs several times now, and they are always awesome. I always note how nice of a crust they end up having. One year I was there after the last rib was taken and snacked on the crust for the next 10 minutes helping JimW by taking away stuff for him to clean.[p]Eggfest, you can't come soon enough!
    Cornfed