Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza stone and meat hanger fabrication

Options
JonLadd
JonLadd Posts: 18
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
bge.JPG
<p />Taking a que from the k-camp I decided to play around and make a meat hanger and lowering bracket for the pizza stone. The combination increases the cooking room vertically. I haven't tried to hang anything on it yet but have used the pizza stone on the "Y" brace to do a chicken at 350 degrees (The oem bge cooking grate/grill fits over the "Y" pizza stone hanger too). It has no problem going higher in temp even though the gap around the pizza stone to the inner firebox is pretty small. I believe I had it up to 450 before I brought it back down.
I like the "Y" bracket/pizza stone set up so far, even better than the plate sitter because the heat is forced to the sides of the firebox at a lower level. A chicken on a vertical stand doesn't sit up close to the upper vent anymore either. I believe this reduces un-even browning.
Hope someone finds this interesting or helpful.
Regards,
Jon Ladd