Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggwegofest

Carbonizer
Carbonizer Posts: 188
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just got back from a short visit at Eggwegofest and it was a great time. Plenty of cooks and some great food.
Brought two non-egger friends with me and they were more than impressed with everything we tried. Probably sold an egg or two also.
Great to see all my egg friends--Hardwood and Mrs Hardwood, Clay Q and Mrs Clay, Nancy, AZRP and Kim, John Krambo, Jim Nuefer, RRP, Ill-Egger, Ron L and his better half, and plenty more.
Also glad to meet some new friends-- Ricks Tropical Delight and Bobby Q just to name a couple-
Can't wait to start feeling better and looking foward to cooking again at next years Eggwegofest.

Comments

• Looking forward to seeing some Pics of this one
  • DSCN3116.jpg
    X-Large Egg that Bobby Que was cooking on
    DSCN3114.jpg
    Beutiful Mini table built by Clay Q
    DSCN3119.jpg
    AZRP and RRP talkin' things over
    DSCN3118.jpg
    Corned beef and cabbage
    DSCN3117.jpg
    DSCN3115.jpg
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    and some more:
    Clay Q and his cool mini egg table -BTW if Clay offers some pig candy grab it as it goes fast!
    IMG_2834.jpg

Steve (Ill-Egger) with his back to the camera talking with 2 guys who manned 4 eggs today!
    IMG_2835.jpg

Randy and Kim all the way from AZ
    IMG_2836.jpg

Dan (Jim Neufer's brother) who made the best corned beef and cabbage
    IMG_2837.jpg

MollyShark and Alec clear from Texas
    IMG_2838.jpg

"Hardwood" egging some delicious pork pin wheels - only one of just a few board members there today
    IMG_2839.jpg

The infamous Rick's Tropical Delight who was a one man cooking machine today!
    IMG_2840.jpg

Bobby-Q himself watching a pork butt being dismantled
    IMG_2842.jpg

Boilermaker Ben who baked his little heart out today!
    IMG_2843.jpg

Give me an hour and I'll post a couple FLIP videos I took today as well.

Lastly - a big thanks goes out to Nancy for a mighty fine event in Oswego!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • RRP
    this isn't just a shameless refresh since it got buried so quickly :whistle::whistle::whistle:

but You-Tube is taking forever to upload my video from today - it is clearly amateur filming at best, but it will give you a sense of being there and milling around.
  • Thanks for the post Ron

Ross
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Ron it was great to finally meet you, although it felt anticlimactic as if we had already met. -RP
  • The mini table looks really cool,
    Good Job! :silly:
  • RRP
    isn't that funny because that was the same thing I told Pat when I got home!!! Being cyber-acquaintences from across the country is clearly one of the cool things about this board but then to finally go face to face is great! I hope you and Kim have a safe trip back tomorrow! BTW the rum cake is on my gotta egg soon list! That was delicious, Kim!
  • RRP
    you-tube problems !!!!auuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuughhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
  • Great Pics Thanks for sharing
  • Great Pics Thanks for sharing
  • RRP
    maybe maybe maybe
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyGi1uzy7mc

sorry I'm such a dunce on You Tube!
  • Met plenty of you fine folks today in Oswego.

Each of you willing to help out us new folks (I was the "new Egger" next to Ron_L at the begginning of RRP's video)

Been reading here and not posting since I got my Egg in April, as this place is just loaded in the archives with great advice to all the questions I've had.

Now that I know some of you, I'll get around to posting when I can't find something in prior threads.

Hope you had a smooth trip back to Peoria, RRP and ILL--Egger! It was a pleasure meeting both of you.

Loved Clay's little egg and custom table with the steak on it. Placed names to faces I have seen, or rather read, here.

It was a pleasure just walking around and listening, learning what I could. Pretty eclectic food mix as well. And what was supposed to be a bad week of weather, ended with a great afternoon. Glad Nancy didn't get 2 years in a row of rain from heck!

Again, thanks to the EggheadForum members that were eager to meet/greet/and teach. I now know why they hold these festivals in this format. You folks are the best sales force this product has!!!

Even after a long shower, I still smell like smoke!!

Bill
    Willkat98
  • Great video Ron. Nice job of showing off the crowd and let people get a feel for the place.
  • The sweet smell of BBQ smoke..I hope to re-apply that smell here in a bit with some Baby Back Ribs :laugh: . Hanging out with Ron L all day would definitly give you a heavy smoke saturation though for sure. He was a cooking machine!