Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mad Max' Killer Gravy--Thanks

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
It looks like Thankgiving went well for everybody. Thanks to Mad Max, I had the best gravy I ever had the pleasure of placing on the Thanksgiving table. (In case anybody missed it, it's in the archives on 11/27 under a thread which refers to the egg winning over the oven). My Mother-in-law was notably impressed. [p]Like most others, it seems, my turkey was done a bit early (did not brine). But the forgiveness of the BGE provided wonderful results anyway![p]Now, we are slowly working our way through the turkey soup. My husband says that homemade soups are incredible since the egg. Just a hint of smokey flavor adds a new depth or richness to the soup itself. [p]The holiday season continues...may yours be happy.[p]JT

Comments

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Joyce,
    glad the gravy worked out for you. ..especiallyl with your mom-in-law. .. funny story - i have this fight with my mom every year. . .she tastes my gravy and says "could use a little worchtishire sauce". .. i don't particularly like it (of course over the years it has become kind of a war of wills, me vs. mom). . .so, a couple of years ago i got smart. ..planted the big bottle of sauce right next to the stove. . .i'm making the gravy, and mom comes in for a taste. . .sees the bottle sitting there and says "see, i told you, the sauce adds to the gravy". . .i respond "you're right as rain mom, thanks for the advice". . .never opened the bottle. . .been doing that for a couple of years now, with her none the wiser (she wasn't at my place this year so i didn't have to worry about it). .. LOL

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    You might be a deceitful little rascal, but you sure made a lot of folks happy this weekend.
    Hee
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • mad max beyond eggdome,[p]That's hysterical. I do that with my little ones, but geez![p]Funny thing, though, my mother-in-law said "oh my, that's an awful lot of wine." So I stopped pouring until she left the kitchen for a moment...[p]The things we do in the name of peace!