Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Finally! Flat Irons in the supermarket!

Options
Essex County
Essex County Posts: 991
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I know this is a common cut in a lot of places but I've never seen it in New England unless I go to a butcher. And then I pay $9 per pound. Well I was at Market Basket in North Andover over the weekend and they had a bunch of them. I did the first one last night and remembered why I like this cut so much. Not butter-tender; it has just a little chew and so much beefy flavor. We T-rexed it and served it as fajitas. Fantastic. I hope the flat iron has finally gone mainstream in my neck of the woods!

Comments

• Spring Chicken
    Options
    We also like flatirons and can get them easily and cheaply here in the Houston area. Might be a good cook to do next month when a new Egghead comes a'visiting.

Thanks for the reminder.

Spring "Flat Is A Dimensional Thing" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    ill have to check out that andover store sometime, the salem stores are really lacking sometimes. been trying to get some duck breasts for a couple months now, they keep telling me they will order some but never do.
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Salmonegg
    Options
    They're common here at the Kroger meat counters in Athens, GA, but not popular, apparently. I stock up when they go on sale at $3.99 a pound. Just did one this week, in fact, rubbed with a sort of sun-dried tomato pesto, cut with a little red wine to make a marinade.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Until I signed on here, I had never heard of flat irons - or tri-tips for that matter. Are they like grits? Or okra? :)

That's what I like about the South!! All them funky foods!

PS: Grew up in VA/NC, so don't be too hard on me. :)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut