Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

XL vs 35lbs of Pork Loin

Options
Iowa State Egger
Iowa State Egger Posts: 337
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Big game coming up this week and I am planning on cooking for 70 people before the ISU vs. Chokeye game. Bought the XL used so this is my first try. We had to first replace the gasket - not as hard as I thought it would be. Currently smoking away. I plan on cooking it until 130 or 135, then letting it rest, slice, then wrap in foil packets. On Saturday, I will warm up in packets, pull them off, then through on the grill to sear them up. Sammies should be good. I could not think of another way to cook for that many with only two smalls at the tailgate. I will post more after the big game.

100_4208.jpg

Rubbed them up

100_4209.jpg

Showing off new gasket:

100_4210.jpg

First load of lump:

100_4211.jpg

I was surprised how quickly it warmed up. Used MAPP torch in four or five spots and it was at 300 before I new it.

Shot on XL BGE: Used Large Grill extender with Large Grid on top of that. Had to cut a little as you can see:

100_4213.jpg

Been on at about 225 for about an hour and a half.

Hope it comes out!

Comments