Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Noob Question Foil vs. Glass

Bulldog MomBulldog Mom Posts: 242
edited 4:59PM in EggHead Forum
I've had my LBGE for two months. Love it beyond belief. But I do have a question...

It seems as if a lot of cooks are done in foil pans rather than glass baking dishes. I am curious to know why, esp. if temps are held below 450 degrees. It may be a clean up thing... curious minds want to know.

I don't want to ruin dinner by cooking with glass if it's hazardous.

Thanks!

Comments

• I have used a glass baking pan instead of foiling my ribs with no problem and have baked cake in the Egg using a glass pan also.
    Jupiter Jim

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• BacchusBacchus Posts: 6,019
    Shouldnt be a problem, especially when indirect.
  • RRPRRP Posts: 20,452
    I use whatever does the job - metal or glass - but always line with foil as well as encase it. It's merely for sake of cleanup. Heck, I foil my plate sitter too!
    L, M, S, Mini
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
  • the last time i used glass, the meat cooked faster on bottom. glass holds alot more heat than foil. i will never use glass again for a drip pan