Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Skirt Steak - Need to marinade?

Options
NJ-GrEGG
NJ-GrEGG Posts: 171
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I plan to make "Grilled Gaucho Steak with Chimichurri Sauce" for the first time using skirt steak.

Recipe: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/michael-chiarello/grilled-gaucho-steak-with-chimichurri-sauce-recipe/index.html

The recipe does not mention using a marinade. Not sure if I should let it soak a while. Any thoughts?

Comments

• Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    I usually marinate in a fajita, soy worchestire marinade. They like to pick up a flavor before cooking as they are cooked high and fast in my book. 1/2-1 hour marinating will be ok.
  • Gator Bait
    Options

I agree with Richard and always marinate a skirt steak, they soak up a marinate very well and Richards 1/2-1 hour marinating is right on. I also trim off any membrane and excess fat but that is just me. :cheer:

Gator

• NibbleMeThis
    Options
    I marinated mine for 4 hours when I made it with flank steak (click link for my blog post w/ results) and I thought it was very good. I'm sure it would work about the same for skirt steak.DSC_0047800x600.jpg

Here's another good marinade for skirt steak, Thai Skirt Steak.

Good luck!
    Knoxville, TN
    Nibble Me This
  • Little Chef
    Options
    Gregg...Don't know if this post is too late for you or not, but when I do skirt steak w/chimi I usually just season with kosher salt & pepper, rub a few cloves worth of fresh crused garlic, squeeze the juice from a couple limes, and a drizzle of olive oil. I let them set for about 30 min to an hour, then grill em up, high sear. Very quick cook!! Served with chimi, it's awesome. Good luck! ;) Careful if you do use a marinade! These can be "over marinated" very quickly.