Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Question on Nomex Gasket

Options
JimS
JimS Posts: 78
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Installed the nomex this am. How long do I have to wait to fire up? Also why do i have an eight of in differential in one spot on the dome gasket? Is it my alignment or is these domes not that exact?Had it 10 years and always have same problem.

Comments

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    not sure on the allignment...

but you want to wait 24 hours before you fire it up ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• rib rangler
    Options
    you wait 24 hrs , tech services at bge say to use 3m spray adhesive. just got my nomex gasket. i went through 2 gaskets in 6 months.
  • TXTriker
    TXTriker Posts: 1,177
    Options
    If you haven't put it on yet, toss the roll in the clothes dryer and dry that rascal. My dealer, Bless his Soul, put mine on, but I have a quarter inch gap on one or the other or both of my eggs.

Let it shrink and then it won't do that after it is installed.