Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Throwdown request

Options
13»

Comments

• Desert Oasis Woman
    Options
    ;) Florida Grilling Goddess, your dish was along the same lines as one I'd have prepared if wasn't otherwise committed (to other plans, that is :blush: ). Crispy rice cakes on the BGE is a big WOW factor, along with monster scallops--can you send a few plates of your entry this way, please :woohoo:
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    congrats lc yours was really a good looking dish!!

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Gunnar
    Gunnar Posts: 2,307
    Options
    #16 Pistachio Cream Sauce & Scallops over wilted Spinach and Cumin Rice. For not eating much seafood at home we really enjoyed the scallops, very tender. Next I’ll have to start earlier or less adult beverages before the post….. :laugh: Rarely eat scallops and probably would have never paired pistachio's with them. Enjoyed the throwdown and the meal.

Pistachio Cream Sauce

3/4 cup half & half (maybe more)
    1/4 cup pistachios, ground
    2 TBL minced onion
    1 1/2 TBL butter
    1 TBL flour
    salt & pepper to taste
    Scallopsincreamsauce002.jpg
    Scallopsincreamsauce005.jpg
    Scallopsincreamsauce009.jpg
    Scallopsincreamsauce010.jpg
    Scallopsincreamsauce011.jpg
    Scallopsincreamsauce012.jpg
    LBGE      Katy (Houston) TX
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Options
    Susan, you got my vote. But that was before I noticed that red hairy thing on the left. Wheewww.
    Just kidding. My mouth was literrally watering when I saw no. 11

Ron
  • Susan Egglaine
    Options
    I wonder if anybody noticed that. When I was checking out at the Asian store with my sushi rice and stuff they were on the counter. I had never seen such a thing. They are rambutan, when peeled they are similar to grapes