Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Raspberry-Chipotle Pork Tenderloin

Options
Lawn Ranger
Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Pork2.jpg
<p />Last nights Raspberry-Chipotle marinated pork tenderloin wrapped in bacon. Was not too bad.[p]Mike

Comments

• JSlot
    JSlot Posts: 1,218
    Options
    That looks great, Mike![p]Jim
  • Lawn Ranger,
    That has my name written on it! Got a recipie?[p]Thanks,
    Bob

• Humpty
    Humpty Posts: 27
    Options
    Lawn Ranger,
    Tenderloins are one of my favorites but this one looks great! Tell us more.[p]Larry

• ravnhaus
    ravnhaus Posts: 311
    Options
    Lawn Ranger,
    Hey! Where the heck are all the carbs!

• Lawn Ranger
    Options
    BobM,[p]I marinated it for about 4 hrs. (longer is OK) in the Raspberry Chipotle sauce with a couple of teaspoons of mustard and a couple of TBS. of balsamic vinegar. After removing from the marinade I seasoned with kosher salt and a good amount of fresh ground black pepper. I then spiral strips of bacon, secured with toothpicks, from end to end, leaving an inch or so between the spirals.[p]Brush or drizzle with marinade and grill direct at 325-350, turning a couple of times until internal temp at thickest part is 140. Remove and let rest for 5 minutes or so. Reserve the remainder of the marinade and cook down to use as glaze.[p]Pretty good groceries.[p]Mike

• Lawn Ranger
    Options
    ravnhaus,
    Believe it or not, we did actually eat it on a prepared salad my wife had made. I'm really ashamed about that. Sorry. The greenery in the pic is just, well....greenery for color. I need to work on my visual presentation a little more.[p]Mike

• Lawn Ranger,
    Look as I may, look as I might, cain't find no marinade,
    it just ain't in sight!![p]Could you please point me towards the Raspberry-Chipotle recipe?[p]Thanks,
    Pete

• Pakak
    Pakak Posts: 523
    Options
    Sespe Pete,[p]Roasted Raspberry Chipotle Sauce is a commercially available sauce made by several different manufacturers. Two I've tried are "Dan T's" (available at my local Sams) and one made by "Fischer & Weiser" There's another called "Cowboy Bob's" but I haven't been able to find it. Many are available online, if you just do a search.
  • bbqbeth
    bbqbeth Posts: 178
    Options
    Lawn Ranger,
    That looks delish! here's another rasberry recipe from and old forum friend, Grill' Bill............[p]Rasberry Glace for Chicken or Pork
    Ingredients:
    4 Tbs. Butter
    1 Cup finely chopped Sweet Onion
    1 Tbs. Jerk Rub (Try Ms Julie's!)
    2 Tbs Olive Oil
    18 Oz. Jar of Raspberry Preserves
    1 Tbs Red Wine Vinegar
    1/4 Cup Dry Red Wine
    Juice of 1/2 Lemon....[p]Preparation Directions:
    Saute butter and onion on low heat intil onions is translucent.
    Add Jerk Rub, Olive Oil and stir.
    Add raspberry Preserves, stir and simmer for 5 minutes.
    Add Red Wine Vinegar and Red WIne to thin to desired consistantcy.
    Simmer 15 minutes. Add lemon[p]Cooking Directions:
    Brush on chicken or pork 10 minutes before taking off the grill..[p]One of my first Eggsperiences.. Wonderful!
    Enjoy!
    Beth

• Pakak,[p]Many thanks for the info! I appreciate it![p]Pete

• Pakak
    Options
    BBQBeth,[p]Thanks for posting that as I've only tried the commercially available stuff. I see it's recommended for use on chicken!? I've tried the commercial sauces on chicken and didn't think the flavors went together well at all. I'll tell you my favorite tho - with bratwurst.
  • Sespe Pete,[p]That should have been "Bronco Bob's" not cowboy.[p]I also wanted to mention the differences between the two sauces I have tried. The sauce by "Fischer & Weiser" is the tastier of the two, but on the pricy side at about $9 for 15 3/4 oz. The "Dan T's" is about $5 for 32 oz. but not as flavorful AND it's very thick, like thick jam. What I've been doing is using the cheap stuff to slather on, where desired, then using the fancy stuff for dipping.
  • Lawn Ranger
    Options
    Oops,
    Believe it or not, I found the Fischer and Weiser brand in a 32oz. bottle at Costco for something like $5.99....Couldn't believe it! It's got a purple label on it and Fischer and Weiser is on the back label as the maker.[p]Same great stuff.[p]Mike

• Gretl
    Gretl Posts: 670
    Options
    Pakak,
    Tait Farm Foods, a local specialty shop, makes Cherry Chipotle Sauce. Check it out at www.taitfarmfoods.com.
    Cheers,
    Gretl

• Pakak
    Options
    Gretl,[p]That sounds pretty yummy too. I really have a soft spot for most anything containing chipotle.

• Gretl
    Gretl Posts: 670
    Options
    Pakak,
    Don't you mean a hot spot? (grin)
    Yeah, me too. The raspberry grill sauce from Tait has chipotle in it, too, but not nearly enough for me.
    Cheers,
    G.