Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

country style ribs

Options
glenn
glenn Posts: 151
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
how do you do country style ribs on the egg
I have done spare ribs with great results
but I have never tried baby backs or country style
any input would be great
I am about to put em on now
My plan is to slather em with mustard and dust em with my favorite pig dust cook em over a plate setter at 250 dome till they hit about 190 internal and the goo em up with some sweet bbq sauce (mabe seet baby rays mixed with some jack daniels and kicked up a notch with some crushed red peper and onion just before I takem off the egg
what do you think?????

Comments

• BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    Options
    Glenn,
    Just my opinion, but 190 seems high. I'd shoot for more like 160° internal. (You don't have a rib; most likely you have slices of shoulder.)[p]Ken

• Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    Glenn, moer like pork chops than ribs, but they can be very tasty. Check out the link for a few pictures and times.

[ul][li]Country Ribs[/ul]
  • Glenn,
    Here is a favorite of mine:[p]Marinate your country style ribs overnight in the refrigerator in a mixture of 50% soy sauce and 50 % vinegar.
    Add chopped up white onion and a half tablespoon of temaric
    seasoning to marinade. The marinade should just cover the ribs. Cook till your desired internal temp is reached. Enjoy!