Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Really late ATB poll

Options
Love Handles
Love Handles Posts: 253
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just read Mondays ATB poll and thougt I'd put my 2 cents in. I make mine on a chile grille, where you cut off the tops and cook in the upright postiton. I cook at about 225 degrees for about 1 hour or till the bacon is cooked. I add a couple chunks of apple or cherry wood. So far, I'v stuffed them with cream cheese mixed with crab meat and chopped water chestnuts, some with cream cheese and small cocktail shrimp, and some with cream cheese and pulled pork. Always put a little dizzy dust inside before stuffing. Always topped with about a 1/3 slice of good bacon. Also at certain times of the summer out here in Arizona, we get peppers that are shaped like jalapenos, but are bright orange and yellow and they are real sweet. Fix them the same way and they appeal to the people who don't like the heat of the jalapenos. Thanks for listening--See-Yaa

Comments

• Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Options
    LoveHandles,
    I replied to the previous late ABT Poll and didn't get an answer. I was wondering about the shrip insert that was discussed. Is there any reason that a coctail shrimp couldn't be inserted similar to the little smokie? I know the original post called for fresh shrimp, but I was just wondering.[p]Thanks,[p]Mike

• Love Handles
    Options
    Lawn Ranger,
    I just use the pre cooked frozen shrimp that are as big as I can stuff in the jalapeno and put them right inside the jalapenos with the cream cheese. I don't know why a cocktail shrimp wouldn't work in place of the little smokie. I pretty much have used the chile grille, so stuffing them inside the jalapenos works good. --P.S. I sure like my grid lifter that my friend goose bought for me.

• Memphis
    Memphis Posts: 144
    Options
    Lawn Ranger, Sorry I didn't respond earlier - I have been out of town. I use the larger (more medium) shrimp because I like to taste the shrimp. I have never used a smaller one but I don't see why it wouldn't work. Maybe but a couple of the cocktails in there. Maybe a sort of shrimp salad - a mixture of cream cheese, small shrimp and some seasonings and then just scoop some of the mixture into the pepper ?

• Mr. Hyde
    Options
    LoveHandles,[p]Did some last night with goat cheese, Rondele (sp?) cheese, and roasted garlic...yummy!