Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Great peppermill advice from the Naked Whiz

Options
Mary Queen of Kitchen Gadgets
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I ordered a handmade peppermill for my daughter's birthday a few weeks ago based on advice from the Naked Whiz website. If anyone is looking for a beautifully made, incredibly functional pepper or salt mill, I would strongly recommend ordering from CozyCrafter. Cozy is a charming man from Texas and his mills are works of art. My daughter was thrilled and I have peppermill envy with my plastic Unicorn Magnum. Here is the link to the writeup http://www.nakedwhiz.com/productreviews/cozycrafted/cozymills.htm

Comments

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    How does it grind compared to the unicorn?

I've had one forever, but it isn't much in the looks department. My wife would love to have a pretty grinder that actually works as well as the unicorn to place on the table when we entertain.
  • reelgem
    reelgem Posts: 4,256
    Options
    I've purchased 12 of Cozy Kline's peppermills. I've given them out as gifts and people just LOVE them. They are truly works of art. Cozy isn't making any money on them in fact he told me it works out to about .25/hr. when it's all said and done. It's just a hobby that he has a passion for. He's 79 yrs. old and a retired U2 fighter pilot. If you get a chance to speak with him he's very interesting to talk too. He's a very talented man. You don't get the Naked Whiz seal of approval unless you've done something over the top and these grinders definitely are. The ones I oredered were all made from cocobola wood and they are GORGEOUS!
    BTW- The grinder pictured on the Naked Whiz's website is cocobola.
  • reelgem
    reelgem Posts: 4,256
    Options
    Rod, Cozy uses a crushgrind mechanism. It's a very high quality mechanism, check out www.crushgrind.com
    I think your wife would LOVE these grinders.
  • Rod,
    While my Unicorn is better than other peppermills I have used, Cozy's is superior. I found that I could control the grind better and it seemed to have a more consistent and neater crush. I bought the cocobola with the black veneer separators. Absolutely beautiful. Will be buying more for gifts.