Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Rumaki?

Options
Porkchop
Porkchop Posts: 155
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
never made these before, but would like to try. thinking about substituting a slice of tart apple for the water chestnut. anyone made these on their egg, and if so, times, temps, and variations?

Comments

• djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Options
    Porkchop:[p]How about pineapple instead of apple?
    [/b]
  • Porkchop
    Porkchop Posts: 155
    Options
    djm5x9,[p]oooooohhhhh yeah! that sounds good too! have you done these?
  • djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Options
    Porkchop:[p]Nope, but in my minds mouth I can taste them . . . (smilie thingie) Maybe a tad of brown sugar (not too much) on them too? Either way would be tasty . . .
    [/b]
  • WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    Rumaki.jpg
    <p />Porkchop,[p]When I was a kid, I remember my mom making these for their grownup parties and I hated them.[p]Now, well, they're so good I just wanna roll on em.[p]For these I rinsed a pound of livers, cut them in half, mixed in a bowl with freshly grated ginger, a splash of sherry, a splash of soy sauce, a pinch of cayenne and let marinate for a few hours.
    Cut bacon slices in half, placed livers on the bacon, a water chestnut on top, rolled up and secured with a teethpick.
    Raised grill direct, around 325 until the bacon gets crispy.[p]These could have gone a little longer to brown up but I was hungry and I et them all.
    Goes great with a green salad and a rich shiraz. [p]Next time I will add a sliver of habenaro.[p]John

• GrillMeister
    GrillMeister Posts: 1,608
    Options
    Whooooo Doggies, that looks good. Thanks for the pic and the recipe. I'll try it tomorrow night.[p]Ed

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    GrillMeister,[p]"Heart Stopping Good!" is what a friend calls these morsels. heeee![p]John