Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

recipe for Weinerschnitzel chili

Options
Desert Filly
Desert Filly Posts: 1,042
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I know it's out there somewhere. Years ago, we made a copy cat recipe of Der Weinerschnitzel hot dog chili. And... for the life of me, I can't find it anywhere. Any of you have it out there...or can find it for me. Mucho gracias

The Filly

Comments

• Boxerpapa
    Boxerpapa Posts: 989
    Options
    I have one, but it's in a PDF format in which I can't copy and paste. Give me permission and I can email it to you. It's actually a cookbook with lots of other recipes from major chain eating establishments.
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Ohhhh, if you don't mind I would like that sent to me.
    I'll email you my addy.
    Thanks.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    Always a pleasure to help the desert rats. LOL

Chili, Beef, Hot Dog, Weinerschnitzel Sauce, AZRP

Jimbob,I have a weakness for Weinerschnitzel's chile dogs. -RP

INGREDIENTS:

2 cloves garlic, minced

1/2 cup onion, minced

2 Tbs olive oil

1 lb ground beef

1 tsp salt

1/2 tsp black pepper

1 Tbs prepared mustard

1 Tbs vinegar

1 tsp Worcestershire sauce

1/2 tsp Tabasco

1/4 cup ketchup

1/2 cup tomato juice (1/2 to 1 cup)

Procedure:

In a large heavy skillet cook garlic and onion in oil over moderate heat, stirring, until onion is softened.

Add beef and cook, stirring and breaking up any lumps with a fork, until cooked through. Drain off any excess fat if desired.

Add remaining ingredients, adding just enough juice to create a spoonably loose but not soupy mixture. Simmer sauce, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes.

Makes enough sauce to top 6 hot dogs.

Recipe Type: Main Dish

Source

Author: AZRP

Source: BGE Forum, AZRP, 2006/04/05
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options

Boxerpapa, would you also email it to me...

Thanks in advance, Kent

kentja @ comcast.net (no spaces of course).

GG
  • Grandpas Grub
    Options

I am glad you posted. I have been trying to work something like that up for a couple of weeks now. I have made some good tasting chili but I can't get the thickness I want. I read somewhere to add 'corn meal' to thicken. Sounded a bit odd but I am willing to give anything a try.

Anyway your post reminded me that I think I have that recipe on an older computer. I need to resurrect that computer. I will go out into the shed and get it going again. For you... no problem.

GG
  • Richard Fl
    Options
    Mashed pinto beans will act as a thickening item.
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    Richard that's hilarious that I've been hunting all over the internet for that recipe and you post it with me as the author. :laugh:-RP
  • Richard Fl
    Options
    Quit complaining and have some more cactus juice.I got it from you a few years back. LOL
  • AZRP
    Options
    Yeah and I'm thinking that there must have been some legal issues with it because I had no trouble finding it in years past, but it doesn't exist anymore. It really is exactly like the real thing. Thanks for archiving it for me. -RP
  • Richard Fl
    Options
    I just googled "recipe copy cat Der Weinerschnitzel" and got 2200+ hits. Must be the time zone difference. hehe.
  • AZRP
    Options
    I did too but didn't find that recipe, thanks. -RP
  • Richard Fl
    Options
    Happy to help!
  • Grandpas Grub
    Options

Thanks Richard. I will give it a try.

Kent
  • Grandpas Grub
    Options

Cough, cough, cough, a lot dust but I found it, both the right computer and the recipe.

Whoever wants a copy, email me with your email address and I will send a copy out.

Whoever tries it out let us all know how it turns out.

GG
  • emilluca
    emilluca Posts: 673
    Options
    I see a need for a Terabyte NAS drive and get all those tresures in one place to loose at one time.
    E
  • Grandpas Grub
    Options

1.5 Terabyte are getting pretty cheap now. I have a 750G almost full as well as a lot of 350G and smaller.

One of the most useful accessories I have is the USB AZIO. Think of it as an 8 Track or Cassette tape player. Take a Hard Drive (desk top or notebook drive) and set it in the player.

GG