Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thanks to all.

Options
drbbq
drbbq Posts: 1,152
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Thanks to all for a great time at Eggtoberfest. It was an amazing day. I was welcomed by all and treated like an old friend. I look forward to seeing you all again. Egg on.
Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ

Comments

• drbbq,[p]Did you get me a pocket protector??? ;-) Can we get a list of drbbq's top 5 dishes that you sampled?? I'm also not counting anything that Doug might have brought to drink.... ;-) [p]Mine's still on a truck somehwere in America... It'll have more miles on it than me, once it gets here...
  • Hammer
    Hammer Posts: 1,001
    Options
    drbbq,
    It was a pleasure to have met you and to sample your cooking. I'm glad that you are part of the BGE family!
    Hammer

• JSlot
    JSlot Posts: 1,218
    Options
    It was great to finally meet you, Ray. Glad you decided to make the trip. Thanks for all the help and great advice. I'm still trying to recover from the post-'fest party last night! I shoulda called it quits when you did![p]Take care and see ya' soon. Good luck at the Jack![p]Jim
  • djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Options
    2003efray&jslot.jpg
    <p />JSlot:[p]It was a pleasure meeting you as well. Thanks for posting your peach cobbler recipe.
    [/b]
  • djm5x9
    Options
    Ray:[p]It was a pleasure to finally met you in person. The blue cheese shrooms and grilled pineapple were excellent and I really appreciate your "Pulled Lemon Cake". It ranks up there with your "Road Apples" and "Corn Casserole". That cake went so fast that I did not have any time to take pictures of it![p]2003efraypineapple.jpg[p]2003efrayshrooms.jpg
  • QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    Hi Ray,[p]It was great to finally meet you. Did someone say lemon cake??? How the heck did I miss that when I was cooking across from you...? [p]Catch ya later,
    Tonia
    :~)

• drbbq,[p]It was great meeting you! Your blue cheese mushrooms were fantastic (didn't get to try any of the other things). Will keep my eyes open for your next great idea (and a few recipes). If you ever need someone to get you your drinks at an event ... I volunteer![p]Smokey
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    drbbqGrabsChicken.jpg
    <p />drbbq,
    Twas a blast. It really was amazing. I need to do those portabellos soon. Those were good...."I want 'em now" kinda good. Missed out on the chicken and the pulled cake though. [p]Damn, I missed out on a bunch of good stuff. You gotta think that no one person was able to sample more than half of the entries. There was SOO much food flying around. Wonder who had the record for things they tried?[p]Was great hanging out with you.
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • djm5x9
    Options
    QBabe:[p]That pulled lemon cake was very tasty and went real quick. (smilie thingie)
    [/b]
  • WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]Great shot! Perfect with the laugh, your rubs and all of the folks milling around.
    I recognize at least 4 faces in that one.[p]Hey, were you an art major? :~)[p]

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    drbbq, it was great finally getting a chance to shake your hand. I think I got one small piece of chicken that you cooked but all that other stuff I just heard about. Blue cheese stuffed mushrooms? Stuffed pineapple? where did that stuff go so fast? It must have been good. I know I saw a plate of chicken and turned around to get the videographer to film you and it was all gone! LOL Well, we'll have to get more shots next year. It was great having you cook amongst us. Good luck to you next week at the Jack.

• TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    Options
    drbbq,[p]Good to finally meet you. Many great things came off your Egg on Saturday.[p]Hope to see you again when the smoke rises . . . [p]TRex